The On Track Program challenges guests to address the reasons for homelessness and barriers to self-sufficiency. The program:
- Is designed to address individual needs; each Guest selects a primary Track and many also choose a secondary Track
- Track 1: Addictions Recovery
- Track 2: Mental & Physical Health
- Track 3: Employment & Education
- Allows Guests to see beyond the present and their immediate, basic, needs to planning for the future; a future in which the cycle of homelessness is broken
- sets a goal for each Guest to return to self-sufficiency and housing
The On Track Program offers many services to help achieve these goals:
- Intensive Case Management that provides referrals to job training, substance abuse treatment, and mental health services.
- Daily group activities, support groups, and classes, which provide educational and personal enhancement opportunities to Guests. Group activities promote a healthy community, and include daily educational and support groups on topics including job search, healthy lifestyles, and daily living skills enhancement.
- Medical and mental health evaluations, with referrals to treatment as needed.
- The opportunity to give back to the larger community through volunteer service: Guests in Volunteer Experience (GIVE).
- Savings Program, in which each Guest must save a percentage of income towards future housing.
- Technical Services that aid Guests in their job search; including use of mailing address, computers, telephone, and fax machines.